Staff: Laura M. Pate
Hometown: Gainesville, Florida
Degree: B.A. in Anthropology with a focus in Cultural Anthropology and a minor in English from Mississippi State University; M.A. in English Literature from Mississippi State University.
Job: Coordinator of the Learning Skills Support Program; Instructor of various Learning Skills (LSK) classes;
Phone Number: 662.325.7228
Office Location: Allen Hall, 260B
What are you currently teaching?
- Fundamentals of Achievement (LSK 1033)
- Fundamentals of Success (LSK 1131)
- Nine Habits to Student Success (LSK 4000) DIS
- Workshop Leader: ACT, GRE, and GMAT
- Member of Lambda Alpha Anthropological Honor Society
- Former Member of the College of Education Research Committee
Pate, L. (2016, September). “Retaining the Academically Distressed Student at Mississippi State University through the Learning Skills Support Program (LSSP).” National College Learning Center Association (NCLCA), Tampa, FL.
Dill, Anna L, Cheryl A. Justice, Sue S. Minchew, Laura M. Pate, Chih-hsuan Wang, and Candace B. Weed. “The Use of the LASSI (The Learning and Study Strategies Inventory) to Predict and Evaluate the Study Habits and Academic Performance of Students in a Learning Assistance Program.” Journal of College Reading and Learning 45.1 (2014): 20-32. Print.