Policy on SS, AD, Probation
Students with a semester GPA of less than 2.0 who have attempted at least 24 hours of coursework at Mississippi State University AND who fail to meet the following MSU cumulative GPA requirements will be suspended.
90 or more semester hours
60-89 semester hours
30-59 semester hours
29 or fewer semester hours
MSU Cumulative GPA
Students whose cumulative MSU GPA is less than 2.00 at the end of any term will enter the next term on academic probation and will remain on probation until the GPA reaches 2.00 or higher. The course load for students on academic probation is restricted to a total of 14 credit hours; a student on academic probation who enrolls concurrently in excess of this limit in correspondence courses or at another institution will not receive credit at Mississippi State University for such courses.
After having been notified of probationary status, a student must schedule an appointment with his/her academic advisor or with the departmental probationary advisor (if the department has a probationary advisor) to devise a plan to improve his/her academic performance.
Additional Student Policies
- AOP 12.01 – Academic Add/Drop
- AOP 12.02 - Withdrawal from the University
- AOP 12.04 - Final Examination Policy
- AOP 12/07 – Honor Code Council Procedure (formerly Honor Code 12. 07)
- AOP 12.09 - Class Attendance and Reporting Absences
- AOP 12.17 – Undergraduate Academic Fresh-Start
- AOP 12.19 - Undergraduate Academic Amnesty
- AOP 12.20 – Undergraduate Academic Forgiveness
- AOP 12.31 – Freshman Course Loads
- AOP 12.35 - Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities
- AOP 12.36 – Repeat Policy
- AOP 12.38 – Undergraduate Academic Advisement